This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ PATCH: PR 16405
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 08:24:26 -0800
- Subject: Re: C++ PATCH: PR 16405
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <10412251253.AA17507@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
Richard Kenner wrote:
Are the two versions of the type type_compatible_p?
No and they shouldn't be because that (as I understand it) is a symmetric
relation and it wouldn't be appropriate here.
Right. So, there's no problem with my patch, because it uses that test
to determine whether the transformation is safe.