This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR C++/18984
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:53:38 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR C++/18984
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <1B29E7AA-4DE6-11D9-8F62-000A95D692F4@physics.uc.edu>
Andrew Pinski wrote:
+ *stmt_p = build2 (CLEANUP_EH_ONLY (stmt) ? TRY_CATCH_EXPR
+ : TRY_FINALLY_EXPR,
+ CLEANUP_BODY (stmt),
+ CLEANUP_EXPR (stmt));
+ pointer_set_insert (p_set, *stmt_p);
This looks like you are building a TRY_CATCH or TRY_FINALLY expression
around every expression that is niether an ADDR_EXPR, RETURN_EXPR, type,
or declaration. That seems very wasteful.
+ Collisions are resolved by linear probing. More complicated
+ collision management schemes are only useful when the load factor
+ significantly exceeds 0.5, and we never let that happen. */
This second part of the comment is inappropriate.