This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Reorder some tree codes
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth at ices dot utexas dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, nathan at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:43:14 -0800
- Subject: Re: Reorder some tree codes
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:
Fortunately, this may be a moot point if the middle-end already knows
how to do this optimization.
It does indeed. I documented this in the PR Andrew found, PR 17617:
In other words, reordering the codes should be enough, there shouldn't
be any need for macro obfuscation.
I'm sure that Nathan will confirm his results, using that approach.
Nathan, I'll approve the patch, if it consists of the reordering
(without the more controversial macro changes) and if you expand on the
comments in *.def to indicate why the ordering is as it is.