This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR middle-end/15486
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:50:40 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR middle-end/15486
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 10:13:54AM +0100, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> The effect of this is to revert to the 3.2.x behaviour for -fdata-sections:
> regular variables that would go in .bss or .comm without -fdata-sections are
> still emitted in those sections; variables that would go in .data are emitted
> in .data.variable_name.
You mean that .bss variables are *not* placed in .bss.foo?
I think that's a mistake.