This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR17340 - disable accurate live analysis for now?
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, vmakarov at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:08:56 -0800
- Subject: Re: PR17340 - disable accurate live analysis for now?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 11:38:08PM +0100, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> We should probably disable make_accurate_live_analysis for GCC 4.0.
> The patch below disables it unconditionally, but one could also
> disable it based on some function of the number of basic blocks and
> pseudos (I just couldn't think of one).
For the record, on IRC I suggested re-ordering the computation such
that we compute pavin/out for blocks of registers at a time, rather
than all of them at once. Similar to how gcse is re-blocked these days.