This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PING: gimplifier ICE fix
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf <lars dot sonchocky-helldorf at hamburg dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, zlaski at apple dot com
- Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:48:36 -0800
- Subject: Re: PING: gimplifier ICE fix
- References: <EFFB886F-4AE2-11D9-85AD-000393CBC4B6@hamburg.de>
On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 08:37:33PM +0100, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
> This one was proposed about a month ago and blocks my efforts of
> getting GNUstep build with gcc-4.0:
> Gimplifier folks, please approve (or at least: comment).
This patch is wrong.
The problem is an inconsistency in the objc front end.
It claims that (List*) and (List_linked*) are compatible
(aka identical) types, but that List and List_linked aren't.
I have no idea what the objc front end is after here, so
I can't provide any advice.