This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix Ada bootstrap on darwin
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:18:27 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix Ada bootstrap on darwin
- References: <2372CCD8-49E7-11D9-8186-000A95D692F4@physics.uc.edu>
On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 08:35:06AM -0500, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> On Darwin common symbols are not allowed in shared/dynamic libraries.
> For some reason before a couple of days ago, the Ada runtime library
> sources did not produce any common symbols, but after the latest
> patches, they produced a couple of common symbols causing this failure.
The change was to use COMMON if a BSS section does not exist.
Does MACH-O really not have one of those?