This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Reminder: delete_trivially_dead insns regression
- From: Joern RENNECKE <joern dot rennecke at st dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, dave dot anglin at nrc dot ca, geoffk at geoffk dot org
- Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 18:09:13 +0000
- Subject: Reminder: delete_trivially_dead insns regression
The effectiveness of delete_trivially_dead_insns has been considerably
reduced last year.
I have sent a patch here:
which is still waiting for review.
2004-05-17 J"orn Rennecke <email@example.com>
Back out this patch:
2003-10-08 John David Anglin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* cse.c (count_reg_usage): In a SET with a REG SET_DEST, count the
uses of the register in the SET_SRC. Remove unnecessary argument.
Replace it with this:
* cse.c (count_reg_usage): In INSN, JUMP_INSN and CALL_INSN cases,
if flag_non_call_exceptions is set and the insn may trap, pass
pc_rtx as dest for recursion.
In SET_SRC part of SET case, if dest is already set, pass it down