This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, libgfortran] Remove AM_MAKEFLAGS.
- From: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- To: ian at wasabisystems dot com
- Cc: paul at codesourcery dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org,fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, dje at watson dot ibm dot com
- Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 08:19:37 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, libgfortran] Remove AM_MAKEFLAGS.
> > Woops, forgot to include that information. I updated to 3.80 gnu make and
> > it didn't help any. I still needed to set AM_MAKEFLAGS.
> Please retest with make 3.80. To avoid any possible confusion, be
> sure that the new version of make is first on your PATH, that you do
> not have MAKE set in your environment, etc.
Thanks for all the information Ian, you were right about me picking up
the wrong make. I updated it in one place but there was another, older
make hiding on my system and getting used during my build. Using the
right make I can build without my patch and so I no longer have any
objection to David's patch that removes my setting of AM_MAKEFLAGS.
I will also submit a PR to remove the setting of AM_MAKEFLAGS from the
other Makefile.am files. We probably don't want to do it now given that
4.0 is in bug fix only mode but it should be done for the next release
as a clean up measure.