This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, libgfortran] Remove AM_MAKEFLAGS.
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- Cc: paul at codesourcery dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 17:01:19 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, libgfortran] Remove AM_MAKEFLAGS.
- References: <200412082138.NAA14760@hpsje.cup.hp.com>
This looks like a shell substitution problem. Top-level Makefile
EXTRA_TARGET_FLAGS specifically replaces CC with CC_FOR_TARGET, but does
not expand immediately:
# Flags to pass down to makes which are built with the target environment.
# The double $ decreases the length of the command line; the variables
# are set in BASE_FLAGS_TO_PASS, and the sub-make will expand them.
CC_FOR_TARGET already is passed; AM_MAKEFLAGS did not change that. The
addition of AM_MAKEFLAGS probably forced an extra shell substitution when
all of those variables were passed on the commandline.