This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: fatal error: file gnat1drv.ali is incorrectly formatted
- From: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>
- To: Duncan Sands <duncan dot sands at math dot u-psud dot fr>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 17:36:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: fatal error: file gnat1drv.ali is incorrectly formatted
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Doing make bootstrap with CVS sources of about one hour ago (with
> the changes Arnaud just checked in), I get the following failure
> when the runtime library is built after stage 3:
The failure you got is building gnat1, not the run time library.
I'd suggest doing a make clean and a clean build again.
I haven't been able to use either "make" or "make quickstrap" or
"make bubblestrap" since a few monthes now (after some Makefile/configure
changes) on building Ada, this has apparently been broken and you basically
need to redo a build from scratch fairly frequently.
I used to be able to do a quickstrap or bubblestrap with no trouble before
though, this was quite convenient.