This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix problem with gcc_update not being writable when itis being executed on Cygwin
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: "Aaron W. LaFramboise" <aaronavay62 at aaronwl dot com>
- Cc: Vaclav Haisman <V dot Haisman at sh dot cvut dot cz>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 00:59:50 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix problem with gcc_update not being writable when itis being executed on Cygwin
- References: <20040829173421.A17332@logout.sh.cvut.cz> <419F9C24.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Aaron W. LaFramboise wrote:
> Could someone please look at this patch? This is a rather annoying bug
> for me that I'd like to see fixed. (I get re-annoyed every time someone
> changes gcc_update.)
> By the way, this is PR other/17239.
I do not think this fix is completely correct (in that this won't work
as intended if you have specified --nostdflags to the gcc_update script)
and it will hurt performance on all (other) platforms since you need to
establish two SSH connections instead of just one (which can provie
If you want to submit the factorization as a separate patch (to keep your
local diffs smaller, and in general) I'll happily approve and apply that.