This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Broken __cxa_exit configure check
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk>,Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:33:07 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [patch] Broken __cxa_exit configure check
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <417FC52A.email@example.com><Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org><417FD621.email@example.com>
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>> We should also set default_use_cxa_atexit on more systems. As is, someone
>> not specifying --enable-__cxa_atexit - including someone specifying the
>> spelling you gave with a missing "-" - on GNU/Linux silently gets a
>> compiler incompatible with the standard for distribution builds. If a
>> particular configuration is considered correct for GNU/Linux distribution
>> builds, that option should be on by default on GNU/Linux rather than
>> relying on every distributor and every user building a more recent compiler
>> and not wanting subtle incompatibilities with the system compiler to get
>> the right long series of options for compatibility.
> I agree.
Is anyone planning to make this change?
4.0.0 would be a good point in time for that.