This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Properly fold ARRAY_REF in expand_expr
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:22:54 -0800
- Subject: Re: Properly fold ARRAY_REF in expand_expr
- References: <10411242251.AA00863@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 05:51:30PM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
> * expr.c (expand_expr_real_1, case ARRAY_REF): Properly fold with
> non-zero lower bound.
I guess this is ok. But really, is there any need for this kind
of optimization during expansion anyway? Why wouldn't this be
done in fold, for instance?