This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada: fix handling of SEGV under Win32
- From: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>
- To: "James A. Morrison" <ja2morri at csclub dot uwaterloo dot ca>
- Cc: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at ACT-Europe dot FR>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org,Pascal Obry <obry at gnat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:26:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: Ada: fix handling of SEGV under Win32
- References: <20041027095833.GK91230@province.act-europe.fr> <email@example.com>
> This testcase also fails with a segfault using gnat 3.3 on powerpc-linux.
This issue is very target specific and depends on low level GCC macros
being defined or not on many targets, so you can't expect this work out
of the box on all platforms. Also note that there is no guarantee in the
Ada RM that the test case will produce the expected output, it's more of
a convenience issue, and it happens that on some targets, the "expected
output" is produced, but no Ada programmer should count on such behavior
which is non portable, since the program is erroneous.