This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] SPARC VIS instructions or PR1820
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 16 Nov 04 08:23:03 EST
- Subject: Re: [patch] SPARC VIS instructions or PR1820
You shouldn't use % when the two alternatives are identical.
All you are doing is wasting time in reload.
I agree, but it might be a good idea to change that in reload, which ought
to be able to quickly see if they are identical. That way, if the alternatives
are ever changed to be different, there isn't the (large) risk of forgetting
to put back the %. And the documentation really does say to use % for
commutative. I'll put this on my (low-priority) list.