This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix bootstrap failure on ppc-darwin
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Geoffrey Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>,Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:02:43 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix bootstrap failure on ppc-darwin
- Organization: Codesourcery LLC
- References: <28AE3EDD-2A9F-11D9-9310-000A95D692F4@physics.uc.edu> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4187820E.email@example.com>
Nathan Sidwell wrote:
Richard Earnshaw wrote:
This patch begs the question why we are passing iterators by value at
all. Looking at the code generated for all of these little structures
we see huge numbers of structure copies that aren't being eliminated
even when the iterator functions get inlined.
I have a patch pending which makes the iterators smaller and exclusively
passes the address around.
sorry, I mean bitmap_iterators only, you're talking about all iterators n'est pas?
Nathan Sidwell :: http://www.codesourcery.com :: CodeSourcery LLC
firstname.lastname@example.org :: http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk