This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Remove timevar_get ()
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "Ben Elliston" <bje at au1 dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 19:32:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: Remove timevar_get ()
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Nov 1, 2004, at 7:28 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
At 02 Nov 2004 11:22:29 +1100,
Ben Elliston wrote:
2004-11-02 Ben Elliston <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* timevar.h (timevar_get): Remove.
* timevar.c (timevar_get): Remove unused function.
This is unrelated to your current patch series, but currently the
first thing timevar_push/pop/start/stop do is check the global
variable timevar_enable, and if it's false, they return. It would be
more efficient if this check happened in their callers. To do that,
timevar_enable needs to be globally visible, and those four functions
need to be shadowed by macros which just do if (timevar_enable) call
Would you be willing to make that change?
I had that change but you rejected it because I could not show it