This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] tree-phinodes.c: Make sure an edge exist before addinga PHI argument.
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:43:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] tree-phinodes.c: Make sure an edge exist before addinga PHI argument.
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 09:09 -0400, Kazu Hirata wrote:
> Attached is a patch to tell add_phi_arg to reject a request to add a
> PHI argument if its associated edge does not exist.
> One case that's trapped by the new gcc_assert is thread_block in
> tree-ssa-threadupdate.c, but that's fixed by
> I briefly looked over uses of add_phi_args. I didn't find any place
> where PHI arguments are added before an edge. According to Steven
> Bosscher, thread_block should be the only place that does that as far
> as he knows.
> Tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu on top of
> OK to apply?
> Kazu Hirata
> 2004-10-30 Kazu Hirata <email@example.com>
> * tree-phinodes.c (add_phi_arg): Add an assertion that the
> edge already exists.
This is fine. Please install this patch.