This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [committed] HP-UX 10 one-only support
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: zack at codesourcery dot com (Zack Weinberg)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:43:05 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [committed] HP-UX 10 one-only support
> Nice! I take it this only applies to HPUX's 32-bit mode, since the
> 64-bit mode is ELF. Is there any chance of your doing HP-linker-
> compatible COMDAT sections for PA64?
Possibly. The source for the 32-bit HP linker is in the public
domain. This helped in finding a simple way to add the necessary
support to gas.
We have weak support on PA64 so I don't think adding COMDAT sections
is an urgent need. I've thought about this for PA64, so it's not
clear what parts are missing or what the benefit would be in adding
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)