This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[patch-error]configure got error
- From: 王逸 <cnnjuwy at hotmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:03:25 +0800
- Subject: [patch-error]configure got error
- Organization: Nanjing University
Hi, I'm trying patching GCC and have "successfully" got an modified one.
Tested with some small programs I wrote, it works well.
But when I use the patched GCC to compile something "large", like emacs,
apache and so on, I always got the following error message during the
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
I don't know what this means exactly, and how can I get rid of this error.
Still, I'd like to know some common way of testing the patched GCC.
If anyone is interested of my patch, I'll send him one. :)
Thanks for concerning.