This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: PR other/16394: Pass --demangle to ld
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 07:55:11 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR other/16394: Pass --demangle to ld
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <20040706234508.GA10272@lucon.org>
H. J. Lu wrote:
--demangle was added to ld before 2.10. This patch checks if the
linker supports --demangle and uses it if it is available.
I think you should probably check that "ld" is GNU ld, in addition to
checking that it supports --demangle. Some linkers might support
--demangle, but use a different mangling scheme.
There's also the issue that cplus_demangle will be more likely to match
the compiler's mangling than "ld --demangle" which might be out of date.