This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: fix g++.dg/init/new4.C
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: rth at twiddle dot net
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Jun 04 16:52:59 EDT
- Subject: Re: fix g++.dg/init/new4.C
I had tested only C and Ada,
How did you test Ada? Is anything working well enough for you to do a
reasonable test? *I* can bootstrap Ada, but apparently it's still not
there yet on other targets. Does it bootstrap for you?
My initial reaction was to ignore the "VLA headaches" comment and
generate one anyway. This runs afoul of the middle-end data layout
routines that think they know better and generate an error for building
a VLA type outside of a function context.
Ada does that all the time. What problems were you running into?