This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: What happened to -frename-registers?
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at polimi dot it>
- To: Steven Bosscher g <stevenb at suse dot de>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:56:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: What happened to -frename-registers?
- References: <200406282109.i5SL9xa27624@makai.watson.ibm.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <40E11EE0.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I don't know, really. From what I understand, regrename papers over
some of our poorest reloads (ie. it works on hard regs), while web
runs much earlier and doesn't have to worry about constraints and such.
Honza can explain better, I suppose.
Sure. regrename is run after reload and web is run earlier.