This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR 16174 again
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, giovannibajo at libero dot it
- Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:07:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR 16174 again
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <40DC401D.email@example.com>
Nathan Sidwell wrote:
this is the right patch for 16174. Now that giovanni slapped me silly, I
remember the original patch in this area. I'd incorrectly concluded that
looking for a 'T const' copy ctor would be the right thing. It's not.
There's a recursive problem here with reference binding, as footnote 93
of the std points out. Hence we forcibly break the recursion with the
built and tested on 3.4 i686-pc-linux-gnu, ok for there and mainline?
Yes. This is OK for 3.4.1, despite the current freeze, because it is a
regression from 3.4.0 and because this version of the patch looks