This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: your recent changes
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 00:08:34 -0400
- Subject: Re: your recent changes
- References: <10406251515.AA10401@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu><1088178400.2772.55.camel@speedy>
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:46:40 -0600, Jeffrey A Law <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 09:15, Richard Kenner wrote:
>> The white space ones, I think the requirement is not documented but the
>> official policy is a changelog entry for every change, even mirror format
>> changes and comment changes especially.
>> I didn't think there was such a policy. And I would be against creating
>> such. ChangeLog is a useful mechanism for seeing what was changed. As soon
>> as we start cluttering it with things that have no substance (such as a change
>> that adds a single blank), it loses a lot of that usefulness.
> We've had such a policy for several years. Please adhere to that
We have? I wasn't aware of that change. I agree with Kenner on this.