This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Fixes to bootstrap from a C++ compiler (part 1)
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 25 Jun 04 15:53:51 EDT
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Fixes to bootstrap from a C++ compiler (part 1)
I suppose we could introduce a macro along the lines of:
#define ALLOC(bytes, type) \
((type *) xmalloc (bytes))
The cast would then be in this one place, making it rather
non-controversial to include it, I would think.
I agree. This makes the code at the call site much cleaner and also
allows for changing strategies for casting without making huge changes
to the sources each time.