This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: your recent changes
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Cc: pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:32:13 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: your recent changes
> I see you committed some changes without ChangeLog entries,
> this is considered wrong and bad practice, especially for
> a global maintainer as you are.
> I didn't mean to. There were some tiny changes to whitespace and comments
> which don't justify ChangeLog entries, but certainly I intended to add
> them for the rest of the changes.
> Which ones did I forget?
The white space ones, I think the requirement is not documented but the
official policy is a changelog entry for every change, even mirror format
changes and comment changes especially.