This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Add casts to some expressions produced by fortran frontend
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>,Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>,gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 23:53:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] Add casts to some expressions produced by fortran frontend
- Organization: CodeSourcery
- References: <20040624222148.GA25865@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> <email@example.com>
On Thursday 24 June 2004 23:45, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> On Friday 25 June 2004 00:21, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
> > Hello,
> > fortran frontend sometimes tries to assign between expressions of
> > different types. This causes ICE of one of candidate benchmarks for
> > SPEC2004, and also failures of several tests in testsuite (forall_5.f90,
> > intrinsic_associated.f90, ptr.f90, where_3.f90). This patch fixes
> > (uhm... hacks over) these problems by adding casts to several places.
> > Bootstrapped & regtested on x86_64.
> Hi Zdenek,
> Can you hold on to this for a little while? I plan to look into
> it this Sunday, this appears to be a deeper problem somewhere.
I agree that this is the wrong way to fix this problem.
At the very least it should have a nice big comment saying it's a hack because
we can't be bothered fixing it properly ;)