This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Statement operand iterators
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:04:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] Statement operand iterators
- Organization: GNU
- References: <20040624154407.GA32545@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 16:44, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
> Now the bad side: of course it does not come for free. The patch below
> that makes us use the iterators everywhere slows down compilation of
> preprocessed gcc sources from 3m32.661s to 3m42.554s.
Ouch! That's nearly 5%... :-(
Sounds too much to me, especially given all the other slow-downs we've