This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Move value numbering routines and add VALUE_HANDLE code
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>,Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>,Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:11:44 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Move value numbering routines and add VALUE_HANDLE code
- Organization: SuSE Linux AG
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Jun 23, 2004 12:39 PM, Diego Novillo <email@example.com> wrote:
> This is mostly mechanical. It adds a new VALUE_HANDLE tree code that is
> generated and consumed internally by GVN-PRE. This ought to reduce
> memory consumption somewhat (not tested, though) because we won't use
> VAR_DECLs as value handles anymore.
It could well be a lot more than "somewhat". I've seen test cases with over
6000 value handles.
> Bootstrapped and tested x86 and x86-64 with no regressions. Dan and
> Steven, could you folks take a look and make sure I haven't broken
> anything subtle? There should be no behavioural change in PRE.
It looks OK afaict.