This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to allow Ada to work with tree-ssa
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:01:03 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch to allow Ada to work with tree-ssa
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <10406221849.AA08790@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
Richard Kenner wrote:
Another approach that would address your concerns about permanent memory,That still means that the optimizers we will have the extra space as
soon as we go to generate code.
would be to go the other way and have the nodes used by the front end for
ARRAY_REF and COMPONENT_REF be different from those used by the tree
optimizers (the latter will always have four fields) and have the gimplifier
Since Richard Henderson and Zack seem to think it's best, why don't you
just create new tree nodes for these variable-length cases? That seems
to be the consensus point of view on how to solve the problem.