This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: mn10300 long-standing bug-fix
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:45:45 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: mn10300 long-standing bug-fix
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> call to return. I'm thinking we might want to mark variable_shift and
> constant_shift uninlinable in this test, or some variant thereof,
> otherwise we'll be testing compile-time, instead of run-time
> shifting. Comments?
Marking various variables as volatile and not const should help ensure
run-time shifting is tested. (You want ideally to test both, cf.
builtin-complex-1.c for an example of such (which also detected other bugs
once when a regression made volatile complex ICE).)
Joseph S. Myers http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
firstname.lastname@example.org (personal mail)
email@example.com (Bugzilla assignments and CCs)