This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Nuke opts.sh, replace with four AWK files
- From: Kelley Cook <kcook at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot co dot uk>
- Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:44:32 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Nuke opts.sh, replace with four AWK files
- Reply-to: kcook at gcc dot gnu dot org
--- Richard Earnshaw <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 16:27, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 11:23:36AM -0400, Kelley Cook wrote:
> > > --- ../../gcc-orig/gcc/opt-functions.awk 1969-12-31
> 19:00:00.000000000 -0500
> > > +++ ./opt-functions.awk 2004-06-17 09:57:20.502146000 -0400
> > > @@ -0,0 +1,78 @@
> > > +#!/bin/awk
> > #!/bin/awk -f
> > instead?
> I don't think you can assume that awk lives in /bin on all systems.
> It certainly doesn't live there on NetBSD.
I'll end the arguement by just deleting the pound-bang line, the
Makefile calls them via "$(AWK) -f ..." so it isn't necessary.