This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: S/390: Switch to TARGET_GIMPLIFY_VA_ARG_EXPR
- From: Ulrich Weigand <Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 14:03:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: S/390: Switch to TARGET_GIMPLIFY_VA_ARG_EXPR
Jason Merrill wrote:
>Looks good, though you might change some of the build_int_2's used in
>pointer arithmetic to ssize_int.
Thanks for looking into this. I'll try to change the pointer arithmetic
as you suggest. B.t.w. I'm not quite sure in any case how exactly types
of integral expressions need to be handled: in a PLUS_EXPR or MULT_EXPR
node, do I need to have all operands converted to exactly the same type,
or are integral conversions automatic? What about a PLUS_EXPR with a
pointer and an integral operand?
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
Linux for S/390 Design & Development
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH, Schoenaicher Str. 220, 71032 Boeblingen
Phone: +49-7031/16-3727 --- Email: Ulrich.Weigand@de.ibm.com