This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [lno]: Patch: fix bootstrap heisenbug
- From: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- To: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:44:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: [lno]: Patch: fix bootstrap heisenbug
- References: <34D285E4-BFCB-11D8-B9BA-000A95D7CD40@apple.com>
> This showed up as a not-easily-repeatable bootstrap failure on Darwin.
> The trees pointed to by chrec_top and chrec_bot were recreated for each
> function, and the variables were not cleared at the end of the function.
> As they used ggc memory but were not declared via GTY, they pointed to
> random values at the beginning of the second function, and if you were
> especially unlucky about what they were pointing at, the code that
> them would do the wrong thing. This creates these variables only once
> compilation, and makes them known to the GTY machinery. Bootstrapped
> and tested on Darwin. OK?