This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [m68k] Fix PR target/13292: -msoft-float seems to corrupt builtindefines
- From: Bernardo Innocenti <bernie at develer dot com>
- To: Gunther Nikl <gni at gecko dot de>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:30:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: [m68k] Fix PR target/13292: -msoft-float seems to corrupt builtindefines
- Organization: Develer S.r.l.
- References: <40CA6D0B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20040615144138.GA43389@lorien.int.gecko.de>
Gunther Nikl wrote:
On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 04:40:11AM +0200, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
The -msoft-float option incorrectly removed MASK_68040_ONLY
in addition to MASK_68881. This leads to incorrect
predefines and unwanted degradation of integer code.
There was just one place where we were using
TARGET_68040_ONLY to generate a floating-point
instruction without taking TARGET_68881 into account.
What about TARGET_FLT_EVAL_METHOD?
Uh? What would that supposed to do?
// Bernardo Innocenti - Develer S.r.l., R&D dept.