This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch ping
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>,"gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:16:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: Patch ping
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <40CDBA87.email@example.com>
On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 07:47:35AM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Paul Brook wrote:
> >The following patch seems to have slipped past without comment.
> >Create DWARF3 cie frame entries:
> >The infrastructure to support this change (ie. unwinder and debugger)
> >should now be in place.
Must we? This will silently regress debugging support for anyone using
the most recent released version of GDB or the upcoming GDB 6.1.1.
I don't see any point in generating DWARF3 CIEs unless we actually have
a need for the uleb128.