This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [libobjc] committed, shared libraries
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 19:12:33 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [libobjc] committed, shared libraries
- References: <200406111736.i5BHaeX17713@tin.geop.uc.edu>
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> I noticed this while working on getting libobjc back running
> on Darwin. Libobjc was disabling shared libaries by default
> unlike the other target libraries. This patch fixes that
> tested on powerpc-apple-darwin with a patch to the top level
> configure to build libobjc there.
You need to update the documentation of --enable-shared to reflect this
If --enable-shared=libobjc is recognised, the documentation should reflect
that as well. (Do libgfortran and libmudflap have --enable-shared=package
configure options? The documentation doesn't say either way.) In
addition, the documentation of --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs says
it is the default for libobjc, which no longer seems accurate.
Joseph S. Myers