This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Lno branch merge part 2 -- rtl level invariant motion
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 17:14:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] Lno branch merge part 2 -- rtl level invariant motion
- References: <20040609223424.GA21959@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 12:34:24AM +0200, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
> this patch adds rtl level invariant motion that should replace
> the one in the old loop optimizer. The optimization is of course
> disabled by default for now (in addition to other reasons, you
> cannot remove invariant motion from the old loop optimizer
> without removing it completely).
Do we really need new options? How many targets have these
heuristics been tested on?