This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch H8/300 : Patch for -mexr option in case of function with"monitor" attribute
- From: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: AnilP1 at KPITCummins dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 05:21:24 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Patch H8/300 : Patch for -mexr option in case of function with"monitor" attribute
- References: <4A1BE23A7B777442B60F4B4916AE0F130141A5E7@sohm.kpit.com>
> In GCC 3.4, monitor function by default saves EXR on stack in case
> of H8S target. In some H8S controllers this implementation is not
> needed. Whenever user is required to store EXR on stack for monitor
> function, user must pass "-mexr" option to compiler with "-ms"
IIRC, the default is to save EXR on H8S. Are you suggesting to change
the default behavior of -ms? I would preserve the current behavior
and provide -mno-exr (and -mexr for completeness).