This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [toplevel bootstrap PATCH] Add profiledbootstrap
- From: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 22:21:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: [toplevel bootstrap PATCH] Add profiledbootstrap
- References: <40BEEB10.email@example.com>
Paolo Bonzini wrote:
This patch adds toplevel profiledbootstrap.The top level isn't allowed to use GNU make, IIRC -- aren't double-colon
rules a GNU makeism? :-P Or are they portable?
Since this makes stage1 have multiple descendants, I had to abandon
the prev/next scheme to link bootstrap-stages.
Instead, I either specify dependancies separately or use double-colon
(And isn't this a nightmare? Thanks for your work.)