This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR c/14649: Constant folding builtins in initializers
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 07:32:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR c/14649: Constant folding builtins in initializers
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Roger Sayle wrote:
The following patch is my proposed solution to PR c/14649, which is a
C front-end problem where we currently fail to issue a "initializer
element is not constant" warning when we manage to constant fold a
mathematical builtin with constant arguments.
This patch looks OK to me, but (IIRC) you're not a C front-end
maintainer, and neither am I, so let's have one of them sign off.
Assuming this goes in on the mainline, it's also OK for 3.4.1.