This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [www-patch] Change sample rsync command in rsync.html
- From: Volker Reichelt <reichelt at igpm dot rwth-aachen dot de>
- To: gerald at pfeifer dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, overseers at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:31:04 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [www-patch] Change sample rsync command in rsync.html
On 3 Jun, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Volker Reichelt wrote:
>> The following patch adds three --exclude options to the sample
>> rsync command in rsync.html to make it work with the latest
>> changes of the repository and to reduce unnecessary load.
>> See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-06/msg00043.html
> This looks fine, thanks.
>> The patch also wraps the sample commands in blockquotes and removes
>> the leading shell prompt (to match cvs.html).
> Agreed. In the mid term, we probably should switch to CSS.
What about Andreas Schwab's suggestion:
> I'd also suggest to remove the --checksum option. It adds considerable
> load to the process because it forces to read the contents of all files.
> Most of the time the use of timestamps and sizes is good enough.
Does everybody agree with him?