This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Partial mode enumerals in signed_or_unsigned_type
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 17:45:37 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Partial mode enumerals in signed_or_unsigned_type
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Roger Sayle wrote:
Ok for mainline? If not, would Mark's C++-only fix be preferred?
Yes, that's certainly better than my version.
Although I'm somewhat disturbed by the concept of flipping the
signedness of an enumeration type, despite RTH's comments. An
enumeration type has the signedness it has. If the middle end wants to
convert it to an integer type, and then be clever, I'm perfectly
comfortable with that -- but in my opinion we shouldn't need this patch