This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libbanshee also using a broken AC_HEADER_STDBOOL
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at polimi dot it>
- To: kcook at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: zippel at linux-m68k dot org, dberlin at dberlin dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:38:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: libbanshee also using a broken AC_HEADER_STDBOOL
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Although I defer judgement on autoconf/automake matters to you, I am
perplexed why you wish to effectively substitute:
Because ACX_HEADER_STDBOOL formed the basis of the AC_HEADER_STDBOOL
Autoconf 2.5x macro. They incorporated a lot more consistency checks,
and it seems worth to bring them back.
My macro additionally had a check for sizeof (bool) == 1 to ensure
consistency between system.h's replacement bool and a bool declared in
stdbool.h (this is for toplevel bootstrap, where you can run configure
scripts under different compilers, which may have different sizeof(bool)
values: we should ensure that only one is used).