This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH mingw32 Enable thread support by default.
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Aaron W. LaFramboise" <aaronraolete36 at aaronwl dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, dannysmith at users dot sourceforge dot net
- Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 10:19:15 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH mingw32 Enable thread support by default.
- References: <40BB651B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
"Aaron W. LaFramboise" <email@example.com> writes:
> I've noticed that most other similar targets seem to be enabling
> thread support by default. Threads are as important, if not more, on
> Windows than on those targets, so this certainly makes as much sense
> for mingw32 as anyone else. In addition, everyone building GCC for
> mingw32 has already been specifying --enable-threads anyway, so it
> appears this is something everyone wants. In any case, having thread
> support enabled seems like its more likely to be correct, in general,
> than not having it enabled. Note that, on mingw32, -mthreads is still
> necessary to produce thread-aware code.
This is OK.