This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Expunge mark_referenced (needs testing on Darwin/OSX)
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>, Andreas Tobler <toa at pop dot agri dot ch>
- Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 08:10:45 -0400
- Subject: Re: Expunge mark_referenced (needs testing on Darwin/OSX)
- References: <email@example.com>
On May 22, 2004, at 18:03, Zack Weinberg wrote:
I do not have access to a Darwin system; I would appreciate testing.
This patch has not even been compiled.
* tree.h: Remove prototype of mark_referenced.
* varasm.c (mark_referenced): Delete function.
(assemble_name): Set TREE_SYMBOL_REFERENCED instead of calling
* config/darwin.c (machopic_validate_stub_or_non_lazy_ptr):
Just set TREE_USED on the list entry; don't call
mark_referenced on anything.
When testing this, this patch produces a huge amount of new FAILs.
All most of all the new failures are due to the vtable/typeinfo for
C++ is not being emitted.
I can look into why this is happening unless you want to look into it.