This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: tidy some gimplifcation unsharing
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:58:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: tidy some gimplifcation unsharing
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <20040521220523.GA11618@redhat.com>
On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 18:05, Richard Henderson wrote:
> The VA_ARG_EXPR thing is handled during gimplification elsewhere.
Not always. Remember PR14498. Dale had to add this back in March,
because the gimplifier was seeing the VA_ARG_EXPR after the variable had
already been gimplified as a register.
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=14498 has a test case. We
really need to lower VA_ARG_EXPR. This is just too ugly.