This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: rs6000 mainline patch for pr 14478
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 10:36:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: rs6000 mainline patch for pr 14478
- References: <20040526120641.GR2564@bubble.modra.org>
Insurance that const zero never makes it to these patterns.
Bootstrapped, etc. powerpc64-linux. OK mainline? I'd like to apply
either this patch or the one referenced above to the 3.4 branch too.
* config/rs6000/rs6000.c (reg_or_short_operand): Don't allow zero.
This is okay for mainline and 3.4 branch.
You also could change CONST_OF_FOR_LETTER_P macro so that it
rejects zero for 'P'.
The patterns also do not operate as intended if the register is